Friday, February 8, 2008

Wishin' & Hopin'

I've worked very hard these past 9 years of being a professional artist. I've gotten some good things going on. Other things seem like I'm banging my head against a rock. That's when my mind (chatter) tries to take over. Should I do this , should I do that until I get very confused.

I'm starting to do some paintings with a recognizable feature in it. I don't know where it will take me in my quest for my truth as an artist. I don't know if I'm thinking too much or not enough. I've done over 1500 paintings some very small some pretty large. Then I'll paint over them because they aren't right to me. I can't put out paintings that don't feel right. Feel is the operative word here. Being true to myself is a constant battle for me.

Here's the thing, wishin' and hopin' do not cut it. Only by taking action and working on my MISSION makes me a happy camper.

No comments: