Monday, April 14, 2008

Pursuing an Art Life


Pursuing an Art Life is more that just making pictures or sculpture or whatever creative activity you do. I chose painting (I have done one sculpture on the right called "Warrior Woman"). It's thinking better of myself and what worth I can bring to the table of the world. I've been given this desire and gift and it requires more than making art.
So this journey is made up of slowly building a painting inventory. That also helps to practice your techniques and the more you paint the more you are not self conscious about how but what you do.
Then the drive kicks in because pursuing an art life means marketing yourself to galleries, fairs,etc. which requires much knowledge about computer skills, writing, photography and a lot of other things. Are you up to the challenge?

No comments: